Tuesday 31 March 2009

Manners


After reading "TV Dinners ruin Children's Manners" (link below) i couldn't understand how they thought that one part that is missing from the childs upbring could result in them not having any manners.

I have always been brought up to eat dinner at the table with my family. My mum is a strong believer that it is an important part of growing up. When sitting at the table you discuss your day, your thoughts, problems etc. Many times we’ve found ourselves still sitting at the table having a discussion, hours after we’ve finished eating. I enjoy it and miss it now I’m at university.

However, I don’t think if you took it away it would affect my manners. At times my manners can be terrible and I do not like to use the word please as I feel I am begging, but I do use it when it is necessary. I feel you learn manners from society not just the family nor the dinner table. I know why mine can be poor and it’s not down to my parents.

http://www.express.co.uk/posts/view/37522/TV-dinners-ruin-childrens-manners

No comments:

Post a Comment