Tuesday 28 April 2009

The Hospital


I really think our society has gone down the drain. After watching The Hospital I wondered if it was a good idea just to shut the door on people ‘self abusing’.
It does make me angry at the attitudes of the people who have been treated are indifferent. Makes me wonder that if we paid for our health service that maybe attitudes would change.

Consequences also seem to be missing in the minds of society. The programme pointed out that, obesity and alcohol will cost us all in the long run, whether through paying taxes to help those suffering from drink/obesity related illnesses or the sufferer themselves.

Are people my age really like this though? Let’s go out and get completely bladdered and laugh the next day about how you were rushed to A&E to get your stomach pumped, or stitch up some wound you got in a fight. Laugh at how you drove at 100mph after having seven pints, crashed and ended up putting your friend in hospital.

I feel like a granny saying all that but I do think someone needs to be concerned that people seem to have the ‘live today, die tomorrow’ attitude.

No comments:

Post a Comment